Busy Setting up Lab
Sunday, June 05, 2011 | Author: Deep Flash
This week, I was busy preparing for something to come up soon on my Youtube and Vimeo channels.

Pondering lately over how to make my videos more professional and catchy. How to make them a cut above the rest?

Alright, I got a nice theme as usual. Network Security Videos showing Latest Advanced Vulnerabilities in the Operating Systems with some cool Electro Music playing in the background.

But, for people who prefer a visual writeup instead of going through huge documents, I need to spice things up a bit!

So, I am using Camtasia Studio 7 for the videos I create. One conclusion I have come to is that I need more RAM for my PC. Since it doesn't have support for DDR3 Memory Modules and the latest processors, I need to purchase a new one.

For the time being, been setting up Lab for the experiments to be performed:

Lab Set up Accomplishments:

Ubuntu 11.04 Virtual Machine installed and configured OpenSSH on it.
Backtrack 4 VM installed.
Created a video to demonstrate the SSH Downgrade Attack using ARP Cache Poisoning.

Lab Set up for the coming videos:

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, SP2 VM
Windows XP Professional SP2 VM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 VM

Set up the Terminal Server on Windows Server 2003
Configure the Windows Server 2003 as a Domain Controller
Add other Windows VMs as a client to this domain
Perform Tests on RDP and test the vulnerabilities using Tsgrinder, TSCrack, Ncrack, rdesktop

Things to do:

Read the source code of rdesktop on Linux
Experiment with it in the Lab
Read about the patches made to rdesktop to include support for RDP version 5
Test the Heap Overflow Vulnerability in RDP version 5.1 and 5.2
Test rdpproxy and rdpprobe
|
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 05, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: